Hey, We’re Cookin!
It’s the great “Pastor Jean’s Summer Sabbatical Recipe Challenge!” – and we’ll have a cookbook to show for it! This is your opportunity to share a special recipe (up to five!), and the story of why this recipe is so special to you, and make our cookbook a winner!
Recipes may be submitted in writing to the office, or better still, just submit them below.
The cookbook will be professionally published, and it is certain to become a treasured keepsake. We thank you for helping make this cookbook a success. Proceeds from the sale will go toward the roof fund (yes, we will need a new roof soon!)
We anticipate a great demand for our cookbooks, and we want to be certain to order enough. You can reserve one or more for yourself and your family at this time to be assured of receiving them. But, you don’t have to order a cookbook to submit recipe(s).
Some things to keep in mind:
- List all ingredients in order of use in ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes [e.g., 2 (8-oz.) cans], temperatures, and baking/cooking times.
- Keep ingredients separate and directions in one paragraph. DO NOT submit recipes in steps, columns, or charts.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “combine first three ingredients.”
- Be consistent with the spelling of your name for each recipe.
- We invite you to include a note about why the recipe is special at the end of the recipe. Your stories will make this cookbook unique and special.
- Your recipes should fit into one of the following categories:
Appetizers & Beverages
Breads & Rolls
Soups & Salads
Vegetables & Side Dishes
Cookies & Candy
This & That
Please submit your recipe(s) by JULY 15 to be included in the book.